2022 – 2023 ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in Sonshine Christian Academy. Sonshine (SCA) continues to offer Central Ohio scholars an outstanding Pre-K through 8th grade educational program. We trust that the information listed below will provide you with a clear overview of our enrollment process. We welcome you to ask questions, as we are more than happy to assist.
- Application—you are required to complete all forms as promptly as possible to ensure your child’s placement as class rosters are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be required to pay a $100.00 non-refundable and non-transferrable application fee per household at the time of Application submission of your application. Please make sure you have provided the SCA Main Office with all the paperwork listed in the attached New Student Enrollment Checklist.
- Admissions Interview—Once your completed Enrollment Packet has been received by the SCA Main Office and reviewed by the Principal, you will be contacted to schedule an Admissions Interview which will require student assessment testing at the time of the interview. Both parents (if possible) must attend the interview. Following the review of your application, you will be notified of the Principal’s enrollment decision.
- Parent/Student Orientation—Following receipt of your Enrollment Fee, all families will be required to attend a mandatory Parent/Guardian and Student Orientation. You will be informed of the Orientation prior to the start of the school year.
We thank you for your interest in our program and look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please call the SCA office at (614) 291-6840.
New Student Enrollment Packet Checklist (Pre-K)
Please check to be sure that ALL of the following REQUIRED documents and fees are submitted to the SCA Administrative Offices prior to the beginning of school. Any missing fees and/or documentation will delay the processing time of your child’s application.
Required Documents and Records:
- Copy of student Birth Certificate
- Copy of student Social Security Card
- Current Immunization Record
- Dental Record (To be completed by child’s Dentist)
Required Applications, Contracts, and Forms:
- Enrollment Application
- Emergency Contact Information and Transportation Release Form
- Tuition and Fees Contract (signatures needed)
- Credit Card Pre-Authorization Form
- Early Childhood Education Eligibility Form (if applicable) along with the following:
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill or Notarized Statement)
- Income Verification Application
- Proof of Income (4 current pay stubs or W-2’s, food stamps, child support, Social Sec)
- USDA (Free/Reduced Breakfast and Lunch) Application
- Student Medical Records Form (to be completed by Parent/Guardian)
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Students ONLY: Current Medical Exam Record (Form included to be completed by a Health Care Provider)
- Pre-Kindergarten Roster Distribution List Authorization Form (PreK ONLY)
- After School Program Contract (signatures needed)—Title XX is Accepted
Additional Information & Next-Steps for Enrollment:
- Admissions Interview/Testing (Schedule a Meeting with SCA Administration for Interview)
- Parent/Teacher Orientation (Request date, time, and location from SCA Office Staff)
- School Attendance (Ohio Truancy Law—informational packet is available for your review)
- $75 Non-Refundable Application Fee per household