A Message from Dr. Hicks
Dr. Davina Hicks
SONSHINE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
May 9th, 2022
We are in the last quarter and the final month of this school year! Time has gone by very quickly but before we end the school year, I would like to acknowledge you, Parents and Guardians, for your tremendous support throughout. Special thanks to all Faculty and Staff persons during this Teacher Appreciation week—we thank you for the selfless sacrifice you offer to the students and parents of Sonshine each day. My heart is full of gratitude for ALL that the Lord has wonderfully orchestrated to bring this school year to a successful close—thank you all for extending me your kind cooperation as your Superintendent over the course of this school year. I pray that the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His peace (Numbers 6:24-26).
There are a lot of activities leading up to the last day of school. Feel free to reach out to the main office with questions concerning end-of-year celebrations. Please make a note in your calendar to remember the following school functions with dates and times:
• 05/09-05/10/22: 9th Grade Trip to Great Wolf Lodge Resort
• 05/10/22: Middle/High School Incentive Field Trip to Ohio Craft Museum
• 05/10/22: SCA 2022 Basketball and Cheer Ceremony at the NJCM campus from 6-8PM
• 05/19/22: SCA College Credit Plus Signing Ceremony: All School Assembly at the NJCM campus at 1:00PM
• 05/19/22: SCA PTO Meeting (Microsoft Teams) starting at 7:30PM
• 05/20/22: SCA Family Fun Day at the Columbus Zoo—9:00AM at the Zoo (no formal classes on this day)
• 05/24/22: All School Field Day at the Lenore Campus from 8AM-3PM
• 05/25/22: Fifth Grade Clap-Out and Bowling Outing—Columbus Bowling Palace at 11:00AM
• 05/27/22: Early Dismissal at 12:00PM: Last Day of School!
05/27/22: Prekindergarten Graduation Ceremony at the NJCM campus sanctuary from 1-2PM
• 05/27/22: Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony at the NJCM campus sanctuary from 3-4PM
• 05/27/22: Eighth Grade Graduation Ceremony at the NJCM campus sanctuary from 5-6PM
Finally, please remember to submit all 2022-23 applications (EdChoice, ECE Grant, Jon Peterson, and Private Pay Arrangements) to our offices, as classes for the upcoming school year are filling quickly. Please review the enclosed Billing Statement and enclosed fliers with event reminders. Thank you again for allowing me to serve you and your beautiful families this school year.
In the Service of the King,
Dr. Davina Hicks, MBA, PhD