School Status: Yellow
Sonshine Christian Academy is currently in the Code YELLOW status. This means that families may decide to allow their children to learn virtually while on-campus with guidance from their teachers or stay home with virtual learning and zoom sessions with their parents.
School Status Codes
Learning Code GREEN: This status indicates on-campus learning only. Meaning, our school has fully embraced the traditional school environment and each child must be prompt and present at the specified campus to avoid truancy. Please call our offices for questions.
Learning Code YELLOW: This status means that our school has both a Hybrid and Virtual learning option. Families may decide to allow their children to learn virtually while on-campus with guidance from their teachers or stay home with virtual learning and zoom sessions with their parents. FYI: The Sonshine Christian Academy is currently in Learning Status Code YELLOW for the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
Learning Code RED: This status means that school is closed for the Hybrid learning option and no on-site learning may take place. All learning will be facilitated from a virtual platform at home. Please call our offices for questions.
How Can I Prevent COVID-19?
Thre are various ways to prevent COVID-19. Below are some of the more popualr ways to keep you and your loved ones safe!
Wash your hands regularly or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Stay six feet away from people espcially if they’re unwell.
Use a Tissue
Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw away the tissue and wash your hands.
If you don’t have a tissue, use the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth.
Stay at home and call your health worker if you’re unwell.
SCA Daily Procedures
SCA is committed to a clean and safe environment. Our hygiene routine consists of hourly deep cleaning of each restroom stall and hand washing station. All shared spaces within the building will contain a Sanitation Station with the following items included:
- Morning & afternoon touchless thermometer checks
- All SCA faculty & staff must wear face shields at all times
- Children PreK-2nd are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings/shields
- Children 3rd-8th must wear face coverings/shields
- CDC recommended sanitation stations in every shared space
- Hygiene-clean every hour on the hour (restrooms, offices, classrooms, etc).
- Assigned Chromebook for virtual learning
SCA CDC Guideline Implementation Strategy
- Morning & Afternoon touchless thermometer checks for all students, faculty, and staff. This safety measure is extremely recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help identify COVID-19 related symptoms. If a member of the student, faculty, or staff population has a temperature above 99 degrees Fahrenheit, parents/guardians/emergency contact persons will be called to ask that the child/staff/faculty person be picked up. Anyone identified as having a fever may not return to school for a full 48 hours of consecutive normal temperature readings of at least 98.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperature checks will occur every morning by the Homeroom Teacher of each student; and by SCA Administration for each faculty and staff person.
- All persons who enter any Sonshine Christian Academy facility, MUST always wear a face covering/mask. This mandatory mask wearing directive is necessary to ensure the health and safety of all who relate to the Sonshine Christian Academy. If a person does not have a mask/face covering, one will be offered for a fee: $1 for disposable face mask; or $3 for a plastic shield—no exceptions. If a person refuses to wear a face mask, they will be escorted off the premises.
- All SCA Faculty & Staff must always wear face shields (eating during approved breaktimes are the only exception). The Sonshine Christian Academy faculty and staff are always required to wear plastic face shields. The only exception to this mandate is during the process of food and beverage consumption at the allotted times and designated locations.
- Children grades Prek-2nd are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings/shields. While this mandate is difficult to enforce for children ages 3-7, we at Sonshine Christian Academy STRONGLY encourage families to send their children to school with a customized face mask that fits their smaller faces. If a child comes to school with a face covering, in this age group, and the child’s face covering becomes lost, a disposable one will be offered to that child and the cost will be billed to the student’s account.
- Children grades 3rd-8th must wear face coverings/shields. The Sonshine Christian Academy 3rd-8th grade students are always required to wear face coverings. The only exception to this mandate is during the process of food and beverage consumption at the allotted times and designated locations. If a student’s face covering becomes lost throughout the day, one will be offered for a fee: $1 for disposable face mask; or $3 for a plastic shield—no exceptions (the child’s student account will be charged accordingly).
- CDC Recommended Sanitation Stations in every shared space (restrooms, offices, classrooms, cafeteria). The CDC has recommended that all high trafficked areas be disinfected with a minimum of two caps of bleach with water mixed to eliminate the spread of bacteria, germs, and viruses. Sonshine Christian Academy has prepared each classroom, office space, cafeteria, and restroom area with the following items inside of a bucket/crate stationed in each high trafficked area: 16 fl. Oz of hand sanitizer; 28 Oz Disinfectant spray (comprised of 4 Oz of Bleach, 4 Oz of Lavender scented multi-purpose cleaner; 20 Oz of room temperature water); paper towels; disinfectant wipes; Brillo Basics reusable wipes; with disposable gloves and masks.
- Hygiene-Clean every hour on the hour (restrooms, offices, classrooms, etc.). Every hour, when the bell rings to change classes/transition to the next lesson, the entire Sonshine Christian Academy population (administration, students, faculty, and staff) pray. Along with our routine prayer at the start of each class, we at Sonshine will implement a 2-minute cleaning process that is guided by the SCA faculty and staff. The cleaning break requires all students (K-8th) to sanitize their workstations (desk, Chromebook, and plastic privacy partition) before the next lesson begins. Additionally, a nickel-size Hand sanitizer ration will be distributed to each student after they have completed their individual hygiene cleaning task.
- Assigned Chromebooks for Virtual Learning in the Traditional Setting. Each child, grades K-8th, will have an opportunity to learn from an assigned Chromebook while at school. Learning will take on a blended approach, where students will have the guidance of their teachers, but will perform their work on Chromebooks and with consumable (workbook) printed activities. With assigned electronic devices, each student will be afforded a blended learning experience (study through both digital and printed capabilities) that will prepare them for high school and beyond.