We know that a Sonshine Christian Academy education can represent a significant financial investment for a family. That is why we work hard to offer a competitive tuition that includes, at no extra charge, many fees and educational costs that may be charged for separately at other schools, such as book, classroom materials, lab and technology fees. In an effort to accommodate our families in paying their tuition, we accept the following forms of payment:
We accept Title XX reimbursement for our PreK 3 and PreK4 program. The Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services provides Title XX reimbursement for families that meet certain income criteria.
The Ohio Department of Education has an Educational Choice Scholarship Program (EdChoice) that provides scholarships to students who attend persistently underperforming public schools. The scholarship, sometimes called a voucher, is used to attend a participating chartered nonpublic/private school, such as Sonshine Christian Academy. We accept EdChoice vouchers for kindergarten through 8th grades.
We offer three self pay payment plans for all grades (PreK 3 through 8th grade):
- Families that pay the full annual tuition in a lump sum by August 15 will receive a 10% discount off of the annual tuition.
- Families that pay one-half of the annual tuition in a lump sum by August 15 will receive a 5% discount off of the annual tuition. Payment of the remaining balance will then be made under the 10 Month Payment Plan.
The 10 Month Payment Plan begins in August and ends in May.
Free and reduced price school meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. Sonshine Christian Academy offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $ 1.50; lunch costs $ 3.00. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are the most common questions and answers to help you with the application process.
- MY CHILD’S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED LAST YEAR. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT A NEW ONE? Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year, through September 1, 2017. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year. If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals.
- WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO SUBMIT PROOF OF INCOME WITH MY APPLICATION? PROOF OF INCOME IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR FAMILIES APPLICATION. WITHOUT PROOF OF INCOME YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED FULL PRICE FOR ALL MEALS UNTIL PROOF IS SUBMITTED.
- What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: ODE Office for Child Nutrition 25 S. Front St., Mail Stop 303 Columbus, OH 43215 (800) 808-6325.
If you have other questions or need help, call SCA Office @ 614-291-6840
SCA Administrative Staff